Welcome

This is a Journal of my work/craft explorations. It will contain a variety of projects, both in progress and complete, summaries of things I learn from these projects that are worthy of recording and things of interest that I discover along the way. The projects will include woodworking for the home and shop, decoy carving and painting, airbrushing and restoration of equipment and tools.

I am blessed to have the luxury to pursue just about any interest that fancies me at any time. This Blog/Journal is my repository for the pursuit of these fancies. Text will be minimal, the photos plentiful and the posts timely. Enjoy.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Yep...this is the pose!


After leaving the carving for a few days and approaching it with fresh eyes and a fresh mind, it was quite a simple task to determine what changes needed to be made.  As most often is the case, too much wood in the head and neck area were throwing off my perspective.  

I sealed and painted the bird so that I could assess the bird without the distraction of wood grain, glue joints and variations in wood color


Plenty of wood taken off of the lower jowl and neck result in a much less pinched look,

Nice wide neck and cheeks with a hint of the neck flowing from the lower neck.

Nice rounded front head slightly pulled back, good flow to the neck.

Next step is to develop the final pattern for the decorative hen.

No comments:

Post a Comment