Welcome

This is a Journal of my work/craft explorations. It will contain a variety of projects, both in progress and complete, summaries of things I learn from these projects that are worthy of recording and things of interest that I discover along the way. The projects will include woodworking for the home and shop, decoy carving and painting, airbrushing and restoration of equipment and tools.

I am blessed to have the luxury to pursue just about any interest that fancies me at any time. This Blog/Journal is my repository for the pursuit of these fancies. Text will be minimal, the photos plentiful and the posts timely. Enjoy.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

There Are Going to be Some Changes Here!

Lately there has been a lot of goofing around, mishaps, slacking off, unexplained clutter, costly mistakes, rework and general mayhem in the shop.  As result and as you might expect, productivity and output has been low and scrap and waste loss has been high.

To resolve this I decided that the shop needed a set of rules or CODE  as it might be.  Having a CODE would help govern behaviour and activities in the shop so the shop could be more productive and more predictable in terms of quality and quantity of output.  This would also make the shop a much more pleasant place to work and be.

I did a little research and found a set from a blog called Flying Shavings.  I found that I could modify the only slightly to best meet the needs of my shop.

So effective immediately, this CODE and its tenants are in place.  Everyone who uses the shop has been duly notified of their existence and violators will be dealt with in the most extreme manner ( yet to be determined).

This is the first round and these will be renewed as required and as better and more profound thought for this CODE comes to mind.

Here they are.


Credit and thanks to Tom Sachs of the Flying Shavings Blog for his work in this important area of running a shop / studio and for 9 of the 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment